Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Emperor of Northwest Arkansas

Good morning, macro-blog readers.  All two of you!  I have another majority-photo macro-blog post.  No, we didn't travel out of state this time.  But MK and I went to the 17th Annual Great NWA Model Train Show at the Benton County Fairgrounds.  That's right: more train contentFollow me . . .
Look at the little Piggly Wiggly!
I also love the detail of the Lucille Ball ad for RC Cola.  And I've never seen Easy Living (Interference was the working title)!
From our brief browsing, it seems that Lionel is the dominant brand for model trains.  But who watches the watchman shanties?
This is a Walthers model, so not Lionel.  But it is a good example of an HO scale model.  The first photo also features our shoes.
This also isn't a train, but at least it's train-related (I think).
Here's a spooky caboose (times two).
I wish I was this guy.
Some Lego builders from the area were set up in the back of the venue.  Are there tensions between the model train and Lego builder communities?  Let me know in the comments.
Oh, to have a law firm by a train track.  I bet the rent is low!
Most of the models aimed for photorealism, but one table sold fantastical dioramas.  There were some with dinosaurs!
This reminds me of a song, but I can't remember the name . . .
This is a train calendar from the month MK and I were born!
This is a macro-blog PSA.
Looks like a UFO crashed by the train tracks!  See tracks?  Think UFOs.
And I'll end with this Harryhausen-esque skeleton.  Good thing the tracks don't run down that tunnel!  See no tracks?  Think skeletons.