Monday, February 24, 2020

My Boogens Valentine, My Copyright

Ah yes, physical media: I got the new Scream Factor Blu-Ray of My Bloody Valentine.  I was delayed in purchasing it.  Because, two Thursdays ago, Vintage Stock's card reader was broken!  And when I came back two Fridays ago, cash in hand, the card reader was up and running again!  Who carries cash anymore?
Anyway, it was my first time watching My Bloody Valentine.  And it was as good as I had heard!  Slashers are great for the laughs and the kills.  But I also like them for the local flavor.  Like the Dead, slashers are vehicles for and audit of Americana:
Anyway, while watching My Bloody Valentine I had an idea for a sequel to My Bloody Valentine.  Now, before I tell you my idea, this idea is copyrighted ©.  Maybe not copyrighted © in a legal sense (I'm in Copyright Law right now).  Just know if you violate my non-legal copyright © you're going to macro-blog jail.

With that out of the way, my idea for a sequel is My Boogens Valentine.  Wait, you haven't seen The Boogens?  I've only seen like the first twenty minutes myself.  But there's a lot of crossover between its plot and the plot of My Bloody Valentine.
Both films take place in a mining town.  Both have slasher elements.  And both came out in 1981.  Mirror.  Images.

How would this crossover work on-screen?  What happens in act one?  Act two?  Act three?  I have no idea, my copyright © is on the name alone.

This same copyright © goes for my Hulk Hogan biography.  And my unwritten sequel for Jurassic Park.  But speaking of boogie . . .