Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Living High in the Dirty Business of Dreams


As foretold in my fourth macro-blog post in two days, I'm talking about Tosches' Dino.  This is my first majority-picture macro-blog!  As mentioned in my inaugural macro-blog post, I have a long-running observation journal.  If I can't jot something down while reading, I'll often take a picture instead.  So, here, I've attached a bounty of pics from Dino's first half, with annotations.  Follow me:


This is a great extending-metaphor about apples and early education!


Another great metaphor!  Instead of apples, this one is about cards.


Edison recorded a sneeze!


I never thought about cigarettes as a fundraising need during WWII!


The book hasn't gotten to the Martin-Lewis films yet, but I this foreshadows That's My Boy!


Tosches describes an elevator as a "coffin-womb."  Freudian!

I didn't include some pics because they contained vulgarities.  And this macro-blog is on a Christian Minecraft server.  But Tosches does this weird thing where he'll dip into cursing as a narrator.  In Hellfire, one of my favorite books, Tosches reserved that only for free indirect speechHellfire was also much shorter than Dino.  Maybe I'll write a full review if I ever finish Dino.  Speaking of reviews . . .