Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Aforementioned Travel Macro-Blog Post (Oxford Edition)

I was so excited about breaking news, I neglected my travel macro-blog post!  Last weekend, MK and I went to Oxford.  We saw my brother's play, shopped on the Square and went to a show at Proud Larry's.  It was one for the books!

But, on trips, I'm bad about taking photos.  Unless we go shopping.  THEN, I'll use my phone camera to take pictures of items, but not of me.  And I'll later use them for reference for my observation journal.

If you want more post-able, good photos, check out MK's non-macro-blog post.  But, now that I'm back on the Internet, I can share my bad photos with you!  Follow me . . .

Our first stop was the End of All Music.  I'm so old, I remember when the store wasn't on the Square.  It was big news when it moved!  Here are some records I took pictures of:
I'm a sucker for a good compilation!  I checked this out later on Spotify and I like this track.
This also looked like another promising comp!  I like this track.
I've been meaning to listen to this!
I forgot R. Crumb was into hot jazz!  I wonder if he ever met Danny Elfman.
And here's a record from Kingfish!  MK and I saw him open for Vampire Weekend last year.  He's from Mississippi!

The next stop was Square Books, my old employer.  I went in looking for LIVEBLOG by Megan Boyle, but they were sold out.  A copy was there the last time I visited in January!  I ended up getting Cigarette Lighter by macro-blog favorite Jack Pendarvis.
This is the only picture I took.  I've never heard of Gary Lutz, and I like Tyrant Books.

Our third stop was Cotton Boll Antique Mall.  I shopped there in college for used books and records.  They still have a lot of both!
TWO Elvis records!  I like the colors and font of the first.  But how was Elvis "Raised on Rock"?
I didn't get this, but I've been meaning to read something by John D. MacDonald.
Look at that cat!
And there's Huston Nutt, former Ole Miss and Arkansas head football coach!

Our last stop was the Depot Antique Mall.  One Friday night a few years ago, I talked to the clerk about Mississippi football for thirty minutes!
I would've gotten this "box set" if I had an 8-track player!
I've never heard of this comic!  It reminded me of the current Excalibur series at Marvel.
It's Randolph Scott from Ride the High Country!
I didn't know they made a movie out of the great Willie Nelson record!  Now I do!

Okay, that's all the pictures I took!  Speaking of belated photos . . . .