Monday, March 2, 2020

Pen Love Triangle

My life has turned into a romcom!  I'm caught between two (2) loves.  The first has always been there for me, steadfast and true.  The second is a new figure, bringing youthful energy and the promise of adventure.  But they've both swept me off my feet!

How is a boy to choose?  Edward or JacobPeeta or GaleRei or Asuka?  What TEAM are you on?
It all started, as this macro-blog did, with my long-running observation journal.  In my last journal (volume three), I alternated between different-colored Pilot Precise V5 Extra-Fine Premium Capped Rolling Ball Pens.  Pilot V5 has been my pen of choice since high school.  They are my dad's pen of choice, so they were around the house growing up.

With volume four, I decided to only write in blue ink.  While I liked green, blue and black, I began to dread days where I wrote in red ink.  Red ink is hard to read when referencing old entries.  And it felt like I was grading papers.  I also started using red checks to catalog when I had "completed" an entry.

But alas, the last two (2) Pilot V5's I've used have failed me!  Either the tip got bent or there's a consequential blockage, but they both didn't write right.  And they both failed right as I started volume four!  This let-down couldn't have happened at a more inopportune time.
In the wake of disappointment, I've pivoted to the pens used at work.  Pentel EnerGel Deluxe RTX Retractable Gel Pens.  The point is larger, and the ink is blue, as required.  There's some smudging right after use.  But a cover sheet between journal pages accounts for that.

Am I in the wrong?  Am I breaking my vows?  I have engaged in INFIDELITY with my PENS?  The last thing I need right now is the wrath of that IMDb reviewer.