Thursday, February 20, 2020

The First Installment of the Clint Eastwood Film Festival (ft. My Friend Dan'l)

These transitions are getting harder and harder to write!  Now that that is out of the way, I would like to present my book report.  On Tuesday night, I watched The Bridges of Madison County with my friend Dan'l.  I say "watch" in the broad sense, since we spent most of the film catching up.

One story Dan'l told me was about the jukebox in his high school lunchroom.  It had the Grateful Dead and Billy Joel in it!  Dan'l said he caused the removal of the jukebox, in part.  Dan'l and a friend played "Casey Jones" nine (9) times in a row.  I would say why they played that song nine times, but I'll direct you to Dan'l's blog instead.

What else did we talk about . . . .  Some things I can't put in a macro-blog post.  Either because it goes in the observation journal or it was . . . unverified gossip!  Let's see: we discussed the Rise of Skywalker.  We also discussed our favorite Meryl Streep roles.  Dan'l liked Meryl in Sofie's Choice, and I said Postcards from the Edge.

It was like the friendliest MST3K track!  We did complain about the lack of Clint Eastwood in the first twenty minutes of the film.  We were also concerned during a love scene.  "Whose butt is that?" Dan'l asked.  It wasn't Clint Eastwood's butt.

Let me check my other notes . . . .  I also noted that Meryl Streep might not be able to play an Italian woman in 2020.  Clint, at one point, donned his signature tight, grey t-shirt from Gran Torino.  Dan'l explained to me the utility of covered bridges (it's because of ice).  That about covers it!

But speaking of Tubi TV . . .

P.S. I found this user review on IMDb (see below):