Tuesday, January 7, 2020

The Inaugural Macro-Blog Post


I've decided to start a macro-blogging.  And what better way to return to the Internet than through a dying medium.  I tried to start a blog in college, when I was on the Internet in full, inspired by Ezra Koenig's college blog.  It only survived one draft post about the ape film revival of the 1990s.

I'm hoping this one lasts a bit longer.  My primary inspirations are Jack Pendarvis' blog and my friend Dan'l's blog.  I've also been reading through the Horror Movie A Day archives and Crazy Days and Nights on occasion.  I also discovered Doom & Gloom From The Tomb after reading a lot of Invisible Hits.

Anyway, the blog will be like this: a lot of links.  I sorta see this as an extension of my long-running observation journal.  If at any point the former overtakes the later I'll delete the former.  But for now, expect things like a deep-dive into the ape film revival of the 1990s.  And links.